1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Printer stopped connecting.

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by SparkyInCali, Jun 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SparkyInCali

SparkyInCali New Member

Well I got a surprise when I turned on my Robo3d yesterday.It failed to connect.I have been using it before and everything was printing ok but now I cant seem to get it to connect at all.In Repetier host the connect button goes green but then when I go to manual control it shows 6 or 7 commands waiting and Matter Control never connects..When checking a few things is one thing I did notice is that there appears to be no leds or anything lit up on the control board underneath.I have tried
    -A different usb cable
    - A different computer with a fresh install of matter control
    -Checked for noticeable loos wires.
    -Power coming from the power supply to the board checked out at 12.6

What should I check or do now.

2. donhuevo

donhuevo Active Member

Any chance the cooling fan for the control board is pushing on the RAMPS reset button?

3. SparkyInCali

SparkyInCali New Member

No the fan is not hitting the reset button. A couple other things I forgot is that the fan is on when power is on and if I hit the reset button I get two green flashes from I belive led3

4. donhuevo

donhuevo Active Member

When you connected to the other computer with the fresh install of Matter Control, did it also say it was connected? When you switched pc's, did you also have the power supply turned off? When connected, goto Control Panel -> Device Manager -> Ports (COM & LPT). Is there an Arduino Mega in there? Does it's COM port match the com port in Matter Control?

I'm sorry I'm all questions and no advice. We'll pin it down.

5. SparkyInCali

SparkyInCali New Member

Yes Arduino mega 2560 was there and working checked and was most current drive.I also tried my laptop that was originally dedicated to the printer and it gave the same 7 commands waiting message.

6. donhuevo

donhuevo Active Member

The two green flashes are normal as the control board boots up. You should get those same two flashes when you power the control board with either the 12 power supply or connecting the USB cable. When connecting with Repetier, does the log at the bottom offer any useful information about something that may be going wrong?

7. SparkyInCali

SparkyInCali New Member

repetier.jpg
    Doesn't seem to show anything weird.

8. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Try this Sparky. Windows 8 has driver issues

Connect your computer to the printer with the USB cable
    You are going to go to control panels, then device manager (go to systems and security first if that is an option, then to device manager).
    There you will see TAURINO – ATmega 2560 (Or maybe Serial driver, something under the Com & LPT drop down)
    Double click on TAURINO – ATmega 2560
    Go to Change Settings then Update Driver, or just simply Update Driver (which every comes first).
    Now select “Browse my computer for driver software.”
    Now select “Let me pick from list…”
    Now select "Ports (COMS & LPT)"
    Now choose Arduino and Mega 2560 and select Next.
    Click "Yes" or "OK" if it says windows does not recommend this and do you want to proceed anyway.
    The proper driver is called arduino.inf
    The driver is attached herehttps://www.dropbox.com/s/v0w42owowgz92k0/arduino.inf

9. SparkyInCali

SparkyInCali New Member

I will give that a try when I get home but I don't have much faith in that working. The only reason I say that is that both computers it was working on previously no longer connect. The other computer is a windows 7 machine.

10. SparkyInCali

SparkyInCali New Member

Still no luck. I am starting to get depressed now and have some stuff I really wanted to print.

11. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

What do you see in your device manager?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.