1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Printer Stops. Commands Waiting.

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by poxcx, Feb 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poxcx

poxcx Member

Got my printer finally, and had to replace a part broken in shipping that the team was good enough to express ship to me.
    Had a great night at work, printed my first 15mm Calibration cube no problems.
    Put the printer in the garage back home and it works fine for a little while, then stops, I can hear a slight change in the noise coming from the electronics board (not the motors) and then any more commands just pile up in the waiting.

I think its a noisy power line, but are there any fixes or can someone confirm this theory?

2. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Is it direct connected to your motherboard USB ports? What happens when you do a full reset (disconnect usb and power, wait 10 seconds, reconnect)?

Could be a noisy line but I kinda doubt it. You could put a ferrite core around the wire to drop noise if your usb cable doesn't already have one. What's the ambient temp?

3. poxcx

poxcx Member

Yep, have tried many different ways of disconnecting, restarting etc Need to reconnect YSB to clear the commands waiting. The printer is the only thing plugged into a laptop, tried all the usb slots.

As for ambient temp, about 20 celcius or 70 fara,

ferrite core eh, guess I could find an old psu around here somewhere, but I would have guessed wrapping the power cable around it, not the usb.

Will try a few things including moving the printer into the apartment and trying other power points and a different pc. If problem continues in garage ferrite core here I come.

4. Racegrafix

Racegrafix Active Member

Just go with sd reader and life will be good. I know the xxl is plug and play. I dont even use the pc anymore. Its awesome because you can move printer anywhere with power.

5. Billm

Billm Member

My printer does not have a sd reader! What is it, how does it work?

6. Racegrafix

Racegrafix Active Member

I bought mine from printed solid, the xxl reader. Its a big screen with sd slot....just plugs right in. Check out the video on his page.

7. poxcx

poxcx Member

Okay, moved everything back into the apartment, and prints frine.

Back into the garage and prints fine, time to start screwing with it and see if i can find out what caused the problems from the other night.

That LCD screen looks perfect for running the printer but i just went and bought a new laptop to do the same job and more, maybe if i need the laptop elsewhere ill get me one of those lcd and card readers.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.