1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Printers Shipping! People are Using RoBo 3D!

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Harry, Aug 1, 2013.

1. Harry

Harry Team ROBO 3D
    Staff Member

Hi everyone,

Apologies as it has been awhile since we posted an update!

*As of today, we have shipped about 90 printers and some others we are using for testing purposes. This is all we had with the encasings so far, but we are still prepping more each day. We just got word that another 420 printer encasings have arrived at the port and will be delivered to our workspace TOMORROW! We actually received this news as we were writing the update! We are also bringing on a few more people to help assemble so will get to crankin those out and sending them to you all as quickly as possible. On top of this, we are just about to begin assembling another 1000 units overseas by our manufacturer there so those together will allow us to ship a large number of printers quicker. 2 of us are actually going to fly there and send out printers remote from the assembly house.

So far, we have been shipping out printers daily and have found out one major lesson:

1) Package your products as bulletproof as possible. Shipping carriers will test its strength and durability in transit haha. So for those of you that had anything break in shipping, we are taking care of replacement parts and are working on even more packaging for the next shipments. We are learning more and more as we move forward.

*On a positive note, people have been receiving their printer and there has been many successful prints, which we couldn't be happier about! With a few minor tweaks and amazing advice from the people that have already gotten their printers, I know we have a 3D printer that is going to be very competitive in the marketplace! Once again, we could not have done it without you and the advice we have received so far is outstanding. It is going to make for a much better product moving forward.

Side note- Harry Valner has been our MVP RoBo 3Der. Thank you for helping answer questions on the forums and for all your hard work and amazing prints. You are awesome:
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/harrisonv/

*If you are international, please be aware that you will be responsible for duties and taxes on your machine when arriving through customs.

*We have been sending by backer numbers/estimated shipping dates and are not able to give an exact update when your printer will be shipped so just keep an eye out for an email that says your printer has shipped with a tracking number. That is the best we can do right now.

Quick Disclaimer:

Please use careful consideration with regard to making mods of any type to your printer and know that in doing so it is done at your own risk. Consider your own level of expertise and remember care should be taken before attempting to put any in place due to the fact that some mods could cause detrimental printing aspects to develop. Although some mods may be very good it is not recommended that any be done until you have a working printer as trouble shooting then becomes more difficult due to unforeseen changes.

Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/Robo3dPrinter

Follow us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/RoBo3DPrinter

Braydon, Mike, Coby
    Team RoBo 3D

5 people like this.
  2. bringjustn

bringjustn Member

I have a question, does it sound like building the 1000 printers in China will greatly speed up the process of fulfilling the kickstarter orders, or will it maybe only shave off a week or two in transit times?
    I’m assuming that the team will be having more people working on assembling the printers in China then they would in Cali. Also are the Chinese assembled printers shipping directly to the backers, or will they be shipped to Robo3d HQ, for final calibration and testing?
    And one last thing regarding better packaging for shipping assembled printers, have you guys looked into how much it might cost to invest in a packaging system like Instapak or Flashpacs ? I’m not sure if there are other brands or similar products, but if feasible with cost, it might be the best way to package the printer. It might even be an option to use just one of the Instapak Quick’s in the build area to prevent any movement of the extruder and other parts that can move in unwanted ways while shipping. I used this system occasionally when I used to work for a medical supply company in their shipping department, and it seemed to work really well when shipping machines prone to breaking.
    Incase my hyperlinks don’t work here are some links:
    http://www.lpsind.com/packaging-shipping-systems/protective-wrap-cushioning-material/instapak-quick-packaging-foam/
    http://www.foam-in-place-systems.com/foam-in-place-products-flashpacs-c-36467.html
    http://www.uline.com/BL_7701/Instapak-Quick
    http://www.staplesindustrial.com/cushioning-and-void-fill/instapak-foam

2 people like this.
  3. rohrej

rohrej New Member

I have a question. With 90 printers shipped, it sounds like all the March delivery tiers should be covered, however I haven't received any notification of shipment or received a printer (I'm in one of the March groups). Should I be worried? Could someone look into this?

4. David Mortlock

David Mortlock Active Member

@rohrej

Many people have been asking that question and I have noticed 6 people now who are in March tier and have not received their printers, or notification.

About 115 should have been sent by now which easily covers the 92 for the March tier.

Questions sent to their Robo3D team still remain unanswered. Watch this space.

5. David Mortlock

David Mortlock Active Member

If any April backers have received their printers yet could they possibly post here to let us know.

It would be interesting to see if they are shipping April printers before all the March orders are shipped.

6. Shigemal

Shigemal Member

Hello RoBo 3D team.

I had joined backer on Jan24th.
    It is almost latest member before achieve Kickstarter funding achievement.
    But also many of following backers are there.
    I hope to achieve my order shipment by next month.

regards

7. Jhon Peeter

Jhon Peeter New Member

Hi! Am new on this forum.