1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved Printing in the air

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Fruition_Factory, Mar 7, 2016.

1. Fruition_Factory

So my printer arrived today, figured i would set it up and try it out quick and the thing refuses to print on the plate. I have tried MC & Cura both and neither contacts the bed plate on the first build layer. I used the cura settings from the stickied post on the forum here, and tried MC with the default settings as explained in the video. Any ideas before i send it back?

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

3. Fruition_Factory

Was not the z switches. Using matter control it has printed nothing on the bed. Switched to an older version of cura it contacted the bed and printed for a few minutes. Now it stops about 2 minutes into anything i try to print. Really not turning out to be a good experience thus far. I expected that it would need some tinkering, but this is getting pretty ridiculous.

4. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

Then it is the Z offset that needs to be adjusted. I suspect it is set in the one version of software you have that works and not in the others.

5. Fruition_Factory

Negative. i used the same settings everyone recommends on this forum on every one of the software. That was one of the first things i checked. For now it is working with an old version of cura, and i had to replace the printer cable that came with it so it wouldn't time out on prints. Managed to print the classic rocket before i passed out last night.

6. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

Then the software is the culprit (it is failing to include the correct Z offset and/or autoleveling codes). If your startup GCode contains the correct auto-leveling sequence and the switches are working that only leaves the software. You can look at the generated GCode and verify that it does in fact contain the correct sequence.

If it is working with the software you are using now and you are OK with that software then go for it :)