1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unresolved Printing issues with a curved side

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Superman185, May 11, 2021.

1. Superman185

Superman185 New Member

I have been trying to figure this problem through these threads and a few websites that give advise on how to correct common print issues. However, I haven't seen this issue specifically cited or resolved. I have looked for over a week now and tried several different print settings and I could really use some help.

I am trying to print a curved bar and for some reason the sides will not keep the curve.
    This is the PLA filament I'm using;
    https://www.amazon.com/ERYONE-Print...b9f96&pd_rd_wg=zU8VZ&pd_rd_i=B08G8RSD1Z&psc=1

This is the model I'm trying to print, I have used the supports to help with previous prints and they didn't help in this issue.
    model.JPG
    https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:1064237
    I have used the .2mm size at 210c and 1.0 extrusion multiplier and this is my result
    100_1164.JPG
    I went to .1mm, .95 extrusion multiplier at 200c and slowed the speed down to .9 and this is my result
    100_1166.JPG
    I kept it at .1mm, .90 extrusion multiplier at 192c and went to the slowest speed in matter controller, which is .25 speed multiplier which took 15 hours to print, and this was my result
    100_1167.JPG

Another print I did that was rectangle with no curves and standing straight up I had issues and I was able to correct it by changing the extrusion multiplier and nozzle temp. I am really confused on what to try next, any help would be appreciated.

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

The side that is failing is where? Top, bottom, side?
    That print will be tough since it would be better printed standing straight up -- at least that would be my guess looking at the geometry of the object and comparing that to the orientation for the slicer. I also suspect that it is going to want supports in order to print correctly in the orientation you are using.

My first suggestion would be to try supports and the second one would be try another slicer. If possible try orienting it a different way -- although I can see that this is not going to offer you a lot of choices just based on the size of the model.