1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Answered Printing on Multiple Printers from One PC

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Doug Gebhart, Mar 20, 2015.

1. Doug Gebhart

Doug Gebhart Member

I am a teacher and we are setting up a 3D printing room, with a plan to have 5 printers total. I have only unboxed one so far, and I noticed that when my computer went to sleep the printer stopped printing. This isn't a huge deal but it implies that the computer needs to be constantly connected during printing. So my question is, can one PC print to multiple printers simultaneously? I want to be able to have all 5 printers running at once on one PC, so we can quickly work through student requests. I don't want to have to buy a computer for each one.

2. Stephen Capistron

Stephen Capistron Active Member

I would recommend looking into printing from the SD card slot. That way the computer just starts the print and can move off to another printer after.

I don't use it myself so good luck.

3. jbigler1986

jbigler1986 Active Member

Just print from SD card. If you recently purchased them they should have an sd card reader on the bottom by the USB plug. Need to use the PC to start the print from SD card but after you start it you can uplug the usb and move on to another printer.

4. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Yes, printing from the SD card is the way to go. How you launch the print depends largely on the software you are using to do the slicing/printing. If you do launch the print from the SD card then the computer can be removed from the equation. You *might* want to consider the LCD screen/display add-ons since they give you a lot of control with no computer attached at all.

5. jbigler1986

jbigler1986 Active Member

I second the LCD screen. You can get the Full Graphics Controller for $25 a piece on Amazon.

6. Doug Gebhart

Doug Gebhart Member

Printing from the SD Card seems the best option. Thanks for the feedback.