1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Quick Intro from Northern Virginia

Discussion in 'United States of America' started by Open Source Bear, Jan 1, 2016.

1. Open Source Bear

Open Source Bear New Member

Hello,

I've actually had my Robo3D R1 for over a year and a half. I had only had the robo a few months before I moved to a new place and I started a lengthy printing hiatus. In that short amount of time, I was experiencing a high rate of print failures due to clogs.

A few weeks ago I ordered/installed a new E3D v6 Hot End. Other then the occasional print that doesn't want to stick, things seem to be going much better then when I started.

While I wasn't able to print before, I had amassed a backlog of models I wanted to print, some of which were "updates" to the robo. Now that I've gotten around to printing them, I'm finding I should have kept up with the forums and double checked the models I had downloaded. A number of the models I had downloaded weren't right for my version of the Robo.

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Robo has not made this easy :)

Rather than use specific models they have had three (beta, R1, R1+) when there are a lot more combinations than that (and discovering which model you have is not as easy as reading the label).

3. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

And welcome back :)

4. Printed Solid

Printed Solid Volunteer Admin
    Staff Member

Welcome. I'm in Northern Delaware, occasionally making trips down your way for fairs and what not. Getting ready to open a 3D Printer shop in town, so feel free to drop in if you ever need anything or need help with the printer.