It's been awhile since I've even touched my R1. I never finished installing my leadscrew upgrade and got distracted by life for awhile, and then wasn't confident enough to even try for the longest time. Getting it back together and finding all kinds of parts I had purchased for it. An interesting one was a bunch of extruded aluminum pieces and miscellaneous hardware. I'd always wanted to change the print from it's current form into an aluminum frame for better rigidity and sturdiness, and once I realized how easy that would be I ordered the parts. The entire mechanical section of the printer is connected to the black acrylic piece spanning the width of the printer. So all you need to do is attach that to an extruded box frame, build/print a box for the electronics, then add in any stability connections wanted (threaded rods, etc.). So I'm going to add my progress as I go in this thread. Once completed I'll add a step-by-step to this first post. The only parts I don't have fully worked out are the stability contact points. I may end up replacing the entire X axis gantry with an Ender 3 type carriage. I really like the idea of having extruded aluminum supporting the Z axis all the way to the top. I could even theoretically just increase the height of the print volume as much as I want by just using longer rods and adding pieces of extruded aluminum. Anyways, stay tuned. I'll be posting my designs so far soon.