1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved R1 having homing issues

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by torga, Apr 24, 2015.

1. torga

torga New Member

Hi all,

My R1 is having odd homing issues. A little backstory...

I've had an R1 for a few weeks. It was printing fine at first, but I realized it was losing Z height while it printed. I flashed the firmware because I figured there might be a new one since it left the factory. Before I did that, it started having home issues where it'd pass its +X bounds and chatter the extruder carriage against the right hand side. I flashed the firmware and it solved my Z problem and homing problem!!

A week of happy printing later, I swapped to the silver filament (from robo) after dwindling the blue sample spool that was sent with the printer, but I immediately had issues with it sticking to the print bed. I hadn't changed my settings from before (extrude: 200*C, bed: 65*C), so I thought that was odd. I started tinkering with temp, retraction and speed to no avail. However during a test print, the Z motors decided to just come down past the limit and try to go through the bed. I immediately stopped the print and moved the carriage up (in MatterControl, not by hand). I reset everything and tried again and started having the same X bound issue as before. I thought I'd reflash the firmware before embarking on any serious troubleshooting endeavors, but that didn't fix anything.

I'm truly at a loss right now and am pretty new to 3D printers, so I am hesitant to tear it open and learn how to fix it on the fly as I would with a car.

Do any of you have any clues as to what is going on?

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member