1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved Removing Extruder

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Zach McRae, Jan 14, 2016.

1. Zach McRae

Zach McRae New Member

Hey there this is pretty noobish question but I was wondering how to remove the extruder on a Robo 3D R1 Plus. I looked up some videos and all I could find were Robo 3D R1's. I cant seem to find the screws to take out.

P.S if you could can you use pics of the screws. Im a very visual learner

2. danzca6

danzca6 Well-Known Member

how new is your printer? IF you don't have the couplers on the bottom of the Z leadscrew, then you have the R1 +PLUS. This comes with a plate between the x carriage and the greg wade that you slide to the right once you loosen the two screws under the x carriage. The block that holds the 25mm extruder fan and the 40mm part fan. There is a screw in the front of that block that you should get to easily. You will need to take the part fan off in the back of the x carriage to get to the second screw. Once loose, just slide that aluminum plate to the right and the extruder will drop down. Be ready for that. Don't want it to crash into the plate.

Otherwise, the two screws that wedge the extruder into the greg wade is on the left just above the top of the x carriage. I will try to take some pics when I get home to show you.

3. Zach McRae

Zach McRae New Member

Yah I Stated that I had a +, Thank for the help man!

4. danzca6

Well, there is the R1+ and then there is the R1 +Plus :) haha

Here are a few pics I just grabbed from the forum. Hope this helps illustrate. Just make sure to move the Z up enough to work under and you shouldn't have to remove the whole x axis from the machine.

Here is the quick release I am talking about. The tab is on the opposite side of where this pic was taken.
    http://community.robo3d.com/index.php?attachments/img_3270_preview_featured-jpg.8812/

If you didn't have the quick release plate, these are the two screws you would need to remove. Some have philips (PITA) and some are allen (not much better).
    http://i.imgur.com/VLjpCHc.jpg

Under the x carriage. This shows the two screws you will need to loosen regardless.
    http://i.imgur.com/gWOJMcSl.jpg

mark tomlinson likes this.
  5. danzca6

One more thing, please remember to take out your filament before removing and mark your wires (or take picture) so you know where to plug things back in.

What are your plans for the extruder? Replacing, upgrading, just just because? Whatever it is, just ask if you have any questions. Lots of folks here are very knowledgeable and willing to help out.

6. Zach McRae

Zach McRae New Member

Hey I looked at the pics and I cant seem to find any of the screws...