1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unresolved Replacement hot end wires

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Wgreisi, Mar 31, 2017.

1. Wgreisi

Wgreisi New Member

So I just drove my hot end through a print and ripped the wires off.

I already have and e3dv6 but I am not ready to put in in place (unless it will drop into the R1+ stock mount). Will the hot end wires work as a replacement? Or is there a good set I can jut buy? Or should I just bite the bullet and pay for the printed components to mount the v6?

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

There is only the quick release plate to replace on the R1+ if you upgrade to the E3DV6 and you can probably use the original with a little tweaking to get the E3D tight enough to print the part yourself.

Depending on the actual wires you ripped off it is straightforward or not. If the heater core wiring is what you broke you can simply replace the heater core (they are cheap: https://www.amazon.com/TOOTO-Reprap-Ceramic-Cartridge-Printer/) if it was the thermistor you are in trouble since there is no other source of the hexagon canister style thermistor so you need to call Robo and see if they can sell you one or replace the hotend.