1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Reprapdiscount Smart LCD installation

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by FlyMario, Apr 21, 2015.

1. FlyMario

FlyMario Member

Hi guys, I just installed my new XXL LCD on the Robo 3D. I thought I would share some of my experience with the installation. I purchased it from Printedsolid.com. This gentleman was very very nice.

First of all, I am not sure if the old RoBo 3D's had a bottom cover but the newer ones do. This provided absolutely no problem though. Also, there is a SD card slot that I never noticed before already on the unit. I unplugged it from the board to make way for the new LCD.

The case I used was http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:219362 . I think the bed design is a bit different and collides very easily with the top of the case. So what I did was saw the top portion off that would lay beneath the bed.

I think the feet that came from the Thingiverse design should be printed out and used on all Robo printers as I feel it give nice air flow.

Instead of bolting this display to the printer, I used my hot glue gun. All and all I think I like the way this one mounts better than the original design and should be fairly easy to remove.

Display.jpg

Printed Solid and mark tomlinson like this.
  2. Printed Solid

Printed Solid Volunteer Admin
    Staff Member

Nice meeting you. I do need to update the post. That case came out on the old beta Robos before the linear slide.
    100% agree with you on the feet. you can clearly hear the fans being starved until you lift it a bit.