1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved Ribbing and the Z axis

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by wthierry, Dec 10, 2015.

1. wthierry

wthierry Active Member

So I have some weird prints, lots of ribbing, and some parts that were meant to seam together coming out at different heights.... I found out my board fan was not plugged in, I changed the hot end, I found one of the z motors was a little loose and moved.... Maybe one of those things will fix it.... In the meantime I ordered a new Z Axis upgrade for the ROBO anyway.... hoping one of these things solves my woes...

2. wthierry

wthierry Active Member

Im halfway through a long print, and so far no ribbing after tighning the motor, making sure the fan was on and installing a FrankenStein Hot end.... Not sure which one did it, but will post more once print is done, and pics.

3. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Did you read the Ribbing threads?
    The Z axis upgrade will handle this.

4. wthierry

wthierry Active Member

I did, I dont have the upgrade yet, but my prints improved by making sure things were tight and the fan was plugged in... Right now its printing like brand new, so even when I get the z upgrade I might hold off till I start seeing problems again.