1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unresolved Robo 3D R1 Plus freezes during printing ABS

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Terry Reilley, Feb 10, 2016.

1. Terry Reilley

Terry Reilley Member

Good day everyone!

I'm running ABS prints at 235 extruder and 100 degree bed temp and about 1/3 of the way through a 12 hour print, Robo froze and I had to shut it off to get everything moving again. Not long before this started happening, I had bumped the bed temp to 110 so I'm wondering if maybe there is a safety in Arduino. Maybe the Robos aren't designed to run a heated bed that hot?

I'm running that high to help the ABS stick and the lower layers bond better. At least, that's what I had read on other forums to try. I also use a touching skirt and slowed printing down to 50mm/s.

Do you guys think it's the bed getting too hot? Are there logs I can look at in MatterControl that will shed some light? I searched the forum and saw some dialogue about 80 degrees being the limit, but didn't know if that applied to my particular R1 Plus.

Thanks for your input as always!

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Look in the communications log for whatever software you are printing with. If you tripped a safety there will be an error in there.
    There is a MAX TEMP in the firmware for the bed, but exactly what that is set to (by default) depends on exactly which printer you have (and when it was made). Don't worry about it until you verify that was even the issue. It could have been a USB failure or something.

3. Terry Reilley

Terry Reilley Member

It's the latest release of MatterControl and the printer I have shipped in mid-December 2015. I will see if I can find the logs now - thanks!!!

4. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

5. Terry Reilley

Terry Reilley Member

mark tomlinson likes this.
  6. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

Good luck. If you need help interpreting the logs, let me know.
    There will be an ERROR in there if you exceeded a limit or a problem did occur.
    It it just froze... maybe not.