1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unanswered Robo 3d R1 Plus

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Suberman, Jan 14, 2018.

1. Suberman

Suberman Member

How do you know if you need to replace the driver stepper motor on the arduino board vs the servo motor? I have 2 different problems. I'm moving the bed but it hangs up with a loud noise in some position like its rubbing on something. I removed the bed and jog it the noise is still there so i'm thinking stepper motor correct? Also my X axis isn't homing up. I will move about 1 mm to the wrong side when trying to home it. However I can manual jog it anywhere I like. I'm not sure why this would be maybe stepper motor too?

2. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Sounds like the axis limit switch is showing closed. Going the wrong direction... Did you unplug the x stepper then possibly plug it in backwards ?

Y axis. Loose belt? wiring getting caught? Cork pad rubbing on the belt bolt ?

3. Suberman

Suberman Member

It's possible but not likely. Why is it if i'm jogging the x+ or x- it works great only when i'm homing it before a print it goes the wrong way?

Y axis. I don't think the belt is loose but how can I tighten? No problems with a wire getting caught. What is a cork pad? Is that the two bolts in the middle with the bushing around them? If so how do I lower the belt or rise the pad to stop from rubbing?

4. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

I'd still check your home switch. Might be the only issue, disconnected wire or possibly just shorted.

Y belt gets tightened with the Phillips screw on the front and back of each y holder(what the glass sits on)

The pad if rubbing it needs more hvac tape to hold it up.

5. Suberman

Suberman Member

This is the switch that would be showing closed right?

Attached Files:

6. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Yes. X axis. Test with a meter. Continuity

7. Suberman

Suberman Member

This is my problem. Continuity is working. Any other advise?