1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Answered Robo r1 usb cable connectivity mystery

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Keith Claybaugh, Dec 23, 2017.

1. Keith Claybaugh

Keith Claybaugh New Member

I have recently purchased my first 3d printer. It is a used r1 that has been upgraded to r1 plus specs, and includes a rep rap lcd screen /sd card controller. We are using Mattercontrol software for processing. I have printed some test prints using the sd card reader. There are some calibration issues that we are working through. The real problem is that I cannot control the printer with a usb printer cord. Mattercontrol will connect to the printer and receive info from the firm ware, but the printer will not take commands from Mattercontrol. Using the terminal option I can watch the communication between the printer and my computer. When I connect to the printer this is what I get (see attached print log). I can also watch gcode commands as a file is printing from an sd card, but I can not send commands manually or through the controls panel. I have tried 2 different usb cords with the same results. What am I missing? I hope some one out there has seen this problem before. Thank you for your help. Keith

Attached Files:

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

It is probably a mattercontrol issue. I have not seen this before, you may want to either try another host program (repetier host for example, or cura).