1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Screws for Filament Feed Motor

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Glen England, Jan 8, 2024.

1. Glen England

Glen England New Member

I'm the IT Support person for my school and I'm trying to repair a Robo 3D E3 printer that was obtained through a grant. Unfortunately, the teacher who obtained the grant moved away from our school and the printer was unused for a while.

The teacher who took over disassembled (for some unknown reason) the filament feed motor and then proceeded to lose the screws. If you reference the page here that describes the procedure the screws in question are 3, 4, and 5.

A search for parts seems to indicate these are M2x6 pan head screws. This is from an outside site that seems to supply parts for Robo printers. I have not been able to locate a parts list that includes screws.

Help would be appreciated. It would be nice to get this up and running for the classroom.

Thanks in advance.

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Can't see the link you are referring to, but all of the Robo machines use small metric thread screws.
    Some are M2 other M3, M4, M5...

3. Glen England

Glen England New Member

I'm not able to share links because my account is too new.
    I was referring to the troubleshooting page here on this site. It has a photo of the feed motor. It has the screws I'm asking about numbered.
    It helps to know these are very likely the M2 screws on the Robo parts site I found.
    Thanks!