1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

SD Card Usage

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by tesseract, Jun 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tesseract

tesseract Moderator
    Staff Member

OK so many of us are getting VIKI LCD device which includes the ability to print from the SD card so the way in this situation are all the computer settings required or can we just dump the sliced data aka GCode to the sd card move it to the printer and we are good to go. of course we need to setup printer settings in the tools but we don need to setup the communications section correct. Just not sure at this point maybe one of the robo team will give us a quick answer.

2. JDM_

JDM_ New Member

Harry is going to hook his Viki up later tonight or tomorrow... Hopefully he will be able to guide us through the process..

3. Harry

Harry Team ROBO 3D
    Staff Member

For sure!

4. pclabtech

pclabtech Active Member

I will try to hook my ViKi up tonight as well, now that I got my printer to print stuff, I can hook the I2C lines and power up to the printer's I2C pins and see what happens.

5. MacInfoSys

MacInfoSys New Member

Has anyone does this yet ? Any specifics on the hookup and how to ? :)

6. Harry

Harry Team ROBO 3D
    Staff Member

Hey Guys. So tomorrow I will be working with the team on connecting an LCD, then hopefully the VIKI. I will keep you all posted.

2 people like this.
  7. MacInfoSys

MacInfoSys New Member

Any updates on the VIKI install ? :)

8. James

James Member

Only thing I've seen sofar is what Cambo is doing with another thread. But it requires changing the firmware from what was shipped with the Robo3D...

Harry has his printer working with a different lcd cotroller ( ReRap Discount Smart Controller... I think that's what its called)

9. Harry

Harry Team ROBO 3D
    Staff Member

Yea it is I believe so. I'll need to just confirm that is the name of the one I got. Works great! haha

10. tesseract

tesseract Moderator
    Staff Member

can't wait to get mine working I really want to use the SD card

11. Ross

Ross Member

Someone needs to film the installation of their Viki and write a guide!
    I have ordered one yesterday just because of what I have been reading and the vids that I have been watching. I cannot imagine if the printer is connected via USB that it would really have such a problem and disconnect mid print.
    With the Viki though, it will be good because I can put the printer in the garage and just let it live on its own.

I would film the install and write the guide, but I have no idea when the printer is coming and I saved $20 but not paying the 2 day postage for the Viki so I have at least 2 - 4 Weeks until it arrives.

Where is my printer??? (^_^)

12. tesseract

tesseract Moderator
    Staff Member

The main reason no one has fully documented anything with a video or documentation is that it is all changing daily.
    I had planned on doing just what you described about a week ago but I am glad I didn't now it would have worked but probably not the best.

It is all in flux.

13. Ross

Ross Member

Bummer, well. Still having an outline to give people an idea of what needs to be done will be good.
    We need some sort of wiki style guide where everyone can update the documentation as they do the upgrade.
    This may alleviate the forever changing tech.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.