1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Settings Thread

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by AutopsyTurvy, Dec 30, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. AutopsyTurvy

AutopsyTurvy Active Member

Apologies if I'm missing a thread already like this, but I was thinking it might be useful to have a Robo 3D Settings Thread. I've spent a lot of time twiddling with settings to get mine Just So, and it seems like it would save a LOT of time for new people getting their printers set up to have a starting point (other than those in the getting started guide) for different types of prints.

Of course a lot of this is going to vary as individual printers have their own quirks, and climate seems to affect some of it, but it's certainly easier than figuring it all out for yourself.

So if you have a particular set of settings that work well for you, please share them here!

2. AutopsyTurvy

This is my "standard settings" for Repetier/Slic3r, focusing on speed but also quality - this is the best settings I've found to balance those two. Configured for PLA but with a heated bed, in a cool but not cold room, high humidity.

A note on the retraction (in the last image)... 33 mm/s is the absolute fastest retraction I've found will work without unpleasant grinding noises. It is still quite noisy with the constant "kachuk" sound of the motors/gears so it makes for a very "ugly" print sound BUT I do not get any globbing/stringing this way (unless I'm using filament that's soaked up too much moisture from the air).

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  3. scotta

scotta Active Member

Thanks, a great idea.

4. scotta

scotta Active Member

Auttopsy, what is under your print settings, advanced tab?

5. AutopsyTurvy

All of the stuff under that tab I have set to defaults.

6. Thor

Thor Member

Thank You!
    I was slowly increasing the retraction settings (I can print solid things fine and was doing quite well on the extruder temp test print, but Lotus flowers always had a fringe to them). I'm ok at 3 for PLA, but it has to be 4 for XT.

7. Billm

Billm Member

thank you. got my printer end of November and started with the repitier software with no luck at all. about 2 weeks ago downloaded the robo version of repitier and started it improve. I noticed that you are usinc a later version of slicer. Mine is 0.9.9-dev. where did you get yours?

8. Billm

Billm Member

i went to the slic3e site and downloaded it - and adjusted my settings to yours - so i cant wait to see what happens

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.