1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unresolved Shifting issue

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by rmac, Nov 30, 2020.

1. rmac

rmac New Member

Problem with robo 3d r1 plus using mattercontrol (newest version for r1+)

So, I replaced the bearings in the bed. Ran a test cube. Worked great. Ran one of my own test pieces (a small 2 inch long x 2 inch wide x 1/8 inch high flat lid). It printed, but decided to shift at the last few layers on the y-axis it seems. I am running outta time with this thing and the orders I need to get done. Help is appreciated and speak slowly as I am not super tech as far as the printer goes. I can fix a lot and am a fast learner, but I'm no bill gates

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Slip of the belt more likely than not. Make sure it is tight enough...
    It can also happen if the wire bundle under the bed gets caught in something. They originally had clips to help align it under the bed, but they usually break off without you even knowing it. ZIPTies work wonders.

#2 mark tomlinson, Dec 1, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 2, 2020
  3. Rod Smith

Rod Smith Member

It's most likely a mechanical issue, as @mark tomlinson has suggested; however, I ran into some Y layer shifts when I replaced my Robo3D R1+'s motherboard recently, and it turns out I'd mis-copied both the X and Y acceleration values from the original firmware. I'd set those values too high, and it was just too much for the Y carriage to take. Thus, if you've made any software changes recently, either to the firmware itself or to your slicer settings, you might want to review them. Check the acceleration, jerk, and maximum speed settings. If you've made no such changes recently, then this is almost certainly not the problem, although slowing down printing might serve as a band-aid workaround until you can track down the real cause.

mark tomlinson likes this.