1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Partially Solved Shifting Print: Bearings & Plastic?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by GorillaBob's RC, Dec 3, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GorillaBob's RC

GorillaBob's RC New Member

One of my prints shifted a tiny bit but the next few prints were fine. Then all of a sudden, the shift was very large. I began searching here and found the threads that all pointed to the linear bearing having gone bad. I started checking my machine and found that the Y axis had several "Rough Spots" and had gotten to where it wouldn't even hit the end stop when homing. I removed the build platen and then noticed the break in the plastic of the linear rail holders. I have contacted support and they are replacing these items and I hope to be back in shape and working soon. My real question is whether the bearings being out may have caused the plastic to break on or if the broken plastic hastened the demise if the bearings. also, I found where several of you suggested bearings from amazon. Would it be better for me to get some of the mentioned bearings or use what support is sending me?

Thanks for the input!

Attached Files:

#1 GorillaBob's RC, Dec 3, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2014
  2. GorillaBob's RC

Video of the Robo3D trying to home the X axis.

3. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

That's the Y axis. Looks like belt skip in your picture but could be stuck bearings as well. Lift the glass bed off the magnets, does it still home in the same manner? Small chance that it's the wire getting stuck.

I'd mention the bearings in your replacement conversations as well. As far as I'm aware the issues with the bad bearings happened with the Y axis upgrade kits.

Buying some on amazon is cheap assurance.

4. GorillaBob's RC

It did do the same with the bed off. At first I thought it was the wire but no such luck :(

Changed to Y. Thanks.

5. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.