1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Should I update Matter Control?

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by mediaguru, Oct 12, 2015.

1. mediaguru

mediaguru Member

Yes, I know this will trigger the slew of "Get Cura" or "Buy Simplify3D" (and I might... well, I tried Cura and it was an awful experience all around with my Robo; but I might invest in Simplify, if it's worth it)

Been a while since I've been on the forums; didn't do a lot of printing over the summer (I am a teacher, and use it mostly for my students/education), but am going to be presenting to other teachers about using 3D printers in the classroom.

I currently have MC v. 1.1.7 installed, but haven't tried it out on my newest version of Windows 10 yet... will give it a go, but didn't know if anybody has tried newer versions (1.3?) with success... (I don't want to update if it's going to break anything!)

2. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

It shouldn't break anything. It might change the UI on you depending on how long it's been since you last updated but the core functionality should be the same.

One of the best compliments I can give to MatterControl is that updating it is easy. Unlike the others which installs a separate version instead of just updating the one you have.