1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Partial Answer Simplify 3D Pause & Move

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by BenMac, Jun 17, 2016.

1. BenMac

BenMac Member

Hello, I was wondering if you guys could suggest ways to either:
    1. Pause a print on a specific layer, then move the hot end out of the way.
    2. Make the hot end move out of the way when the pause button is pressed.

I am partial to option 2, since option 1 lends itself to some print flaws due to the fact that I prefer to pause inside the print, where the infill is. It seems to keep things pretty outside. I have a feeling that just pausing it like option 1 could cause some problems. Even so, I would welcome one or more solutions to option 1, so that I can experiment.

I am currently using Simplify 3D 3.1. I have been trying to find a specific answer on the Simplify forums, but have not had much luck. I would welcome your assistance. :)

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Easiest done with the LCD controller (there is a menu for it).

Not sure how to do it with Simplify3D other than manually...pain there is you need to be careful to get it back where it started -- exactly.

3. BenMac

BenMac Member

Unfortunately I don't have one yet, so the manual method sounds like the best method right now. It is a bit of a pain, but the results are pretty cool. The biggest issue is pausing, then moving the hot end. I accidentally discovered that it moves itself back when you click "Resume".

I discovered a method for pausing on a specific layer, but that is only half of the solution.

#3 BenMac, Jun 17, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 17, 2016
    mark tomlinson likes this.