1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Slicer / Printing Advice for this Specific Drainage Pot

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Kaan, Sep 6, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kaan

Kaan Member

I'm trying to build a drainage pot, it's my current goal, it's something that I need

I've tried various materials / colors / types, all have failed :) - I decided to go with PLA, it seems to be a very good choice for large builds, ABS seems dangerous when left alone

Here is what I've achieved so far: (~0.4X of the model, 5th attempt :)

20140906_224618[1].jpg

What I've accomplished
    - Cooling: Learned what that fan is for, set it to 100% and prevented the PLA stringing issues
    - Speeds and Width's: Calibrated all of them to be able to print that slopes, otherwise there were stringing on all of the edges
    - PLA temperatures: I've lowered the extruder to the lowest possible level, also set the heated bed to 55, in my experience the cooler the PLA the better

My problems:
    1) [HUGE] Can't set a top perimeter - I need this for almost everything I build, the perimeter applies for only X/Y and not Z, I want surfaces to be isolated from the infill too, for this particular item, I want it to hold water (the top and bottom solid layers are for the absolute top's - not the top of the surfaces, it seems)
    2) Corners - I'm not too fluent with TinkerCAD, however rounding those corners would obviously solve the stringing issue, I've seen no slicer setting to slow down cornering, the outer perimeter speed is already slowed down, as it is, the corners are dangerous

Thanks for any advice in advance :)

Attached Files:

2. Kaan

Kaan Member

3. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Try another slicer.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.