1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unresolved Smooth Curves

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Fortune, Jan 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fortune

Fortune New Member

I have been using Tinkercad for designing different things and also try a little with 123D design. I am just learning as I go but when I make anything with a large radius and get a sort of blocky curve and was wondering if anyone would have any suggestions.

Attached Files:

2. robert sanchez

robert sanchez Active Member

See if you can adjust the accuracy of your STL file. In other cad software, you can define the size of the triangles used to define your object in STL file format. In this case those triangles are very large.

3. Fortune

Fortune New Member

Do you have any other CAD software that you would recommend to try or being using in general?

4. robert sanchez

Solidworks!! $150 per year student edition. It works best if you plan on designing parts. It is a true CAD software used by Mechanical Engineers. www.cadcim.com has books on it, and there is a built in tutorial. If you order a cadcim book, call them first and let them know which student edition you bought to make sure you get the correct year for the book.

5 people like this.
  5. robert sanchez

SEE IMAGE FOR SAVE AS OPTIONS >stl>options

Attached Files:

3 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.