1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved Software Issue?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Matt77, Jul 9, 2015.

1. Matt77

Matt77 New Member

Hello,
    New to 3D printing, and am having a somewhat rough start. My current issue is the MatterControl software is not allowing me to print now. What happens is that when selecting print on an item in the library, it shows "preparing to print" as the Status but only shows "..." where you expect to see it showing you the layers, etc. And then the status just goes back to "connected" like nothing happened.

This started after I was screwing around trying to download Repetier-host, and I guess installed Repetier Server and it basically disabled my USB port that I was running on the MatterControl. Finally got it resolved, went back to MatterControl, had issues with super slow printing, reinstalled MatterControl and now get this. Ughhh.

Any ideas would be appreciated. Really enjoy this when it works. (Most of my rough start happened straight out of the box, y-axis belt holder broken, cables wrapped wrong way around z-axis rod and under heat bed. ughh).

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Do yourself a favor and get rid of MatterControl.
    Try Cura or Repetier host if you are looking for other free software.

3. Matt77

Matt77 New Member

Thanks Mark! Had some trouble connecting to Repetier, but worked at it and its now connected. Do I use exactly the same figures/settings in Repetier that is used in MatterControl? Thanks!

4. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Sure for print settings, if they worked in MC they will work in Repetier host.
    As far as printer definitions just make sure the printer dimensions are set correctly under CONFIG, PRINTER SETTINGS (printer shape has the x/y/z dimensions, print speed, etc. all of the other settings relevant to the printer are there in that dialog as well).