1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Some issues with printing.

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by zane80, Jan 16, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. zane80

zane80 New Member

Hi, I just started my 3D printing and am printing parts for the Filastruder.

However, for the 1st and 2nd layers, sometimes some parts on the same layer would not be as dense and filled like the other sides. How to rectify?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

For empty spaces, there seemed to be unwanted parts that needed to be trimmed off, is it because the speed of the extruder is too slow?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

There are some warping here, is it because of the fan and cold temperature?

[​IMG]

2. Racegrafix

Racegrafix Active Member

Ive been running across same as picture 2. I think the bed not being flat is one problem. Maybe slowing it down would help...my extruder wont heat up...i was trying to fix that same issue. Try sticking a shheet of vinyl on the glass...so far that has helped the most.

3. Bob64

Bob64 Member

Is your heated bed on? Turning it on to 60 should reduce warping.
    What temp is your hot-end set to? Consider raising it if its at 180 to 190 or 200.

Also, check your hobbed bolt to make sure there is not plastic debris interfering with your feed. Looks like the gaps are caused by it not extruding. Could be a slight jam that gets sorta cleared after a bit. Perhaps increasing temps will help reduce the amount of force it needs to shove the filament through.

4. zane80

zane80 New Member

Great idea, I used to set it at 190, then to 193, I should try 195 instead, a 10 degree jump might be too much. Thanks.

My heated bed is not on, maybe it is the fan nearby.

5. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

The fan nearby could definitely do that. His idea of running the heated bed is a good one.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.