1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved Starts up but doesnt print.

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by cappo, Dec 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cappo

cappo New Member

I am working on getting my first print out of my new R1, but i have had to deal with issue after issue. Most have been relatively easy to resolve but this one has me stumped. So my printer is connected to my pc and matter-control, and it even homes the axis, the extruder heats up and the bed does too. When I try to print stl files and gcode my printer starts the processes of heating everything up and homing, but once everything is set the print head just sits in the middle of the print bed not moving, and the print progress bar begins to move very quickly to "complete" in just a few minuets even for a print that should take 20. Please help.

2. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Preview the layers in mattercontrol and make sure they're generating correctly. Usually an issue like this has to do with STL geometry errors.

Running STL's through netfabb basic is cheap assurance your STL doesn't have issues. Plus it's free software so it's worth the added step.

3. Brad T

Brad T New Member

When I got my R1 I started by printing some of the objects that come in the library. This way I had the peace of mind knowing that it wasn't a design error on my part that messed it up.

4. Ben R

Ben R Active Member

I am getting a similar strange error when using repetier with ABS. Don't know why. I have the temps set the same in repetier and I've adjusted the firmware so over temp shouldn't be a problem.. but yea... hit start and it sits there and "imagines" that its printing at lightning speed.
    I switched to mater control with the same slice and i don't have the issue. A ghost, but a ghost I got around.

5. cappo

cappo New Member

I ended up reinstalling the drivers from arduino and it works now!...Now on too solving other issues this thing has...so glad i got a robo3d...-_- he said sarcastically.

6. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

What other problems do you have?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.