1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unresolved Still have one ghost. Stops extruding until i intervene

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Ben R, Dec 2, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ben R

Ben R Active Member

Thanks to all the forum folk and all the help firstly... I'm all but set up... even did a pretty sweet PIP hinged wallet this morning. BUT still have a ghost...

When using repetier. every print I do using slic3r comes out great... as long as I watch the second layer with my finger on the pause button. After it draws the perimeter and fills in the first layer, it goes on to draw the second layer perimeter . Somewhere between half way through the perimeter and infilling that layer (probably size dependent) it stops extruding. I don't mean its jammed or something.. I mean the wheel stops. If I pause, raise the z, extrude a cm and lower it and continue, it finishes the print just fine.

Any ideas whats going on?

2. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Is this unique to just that file? Have you looked at the G-code to see what the calls are like?

e: derp

#2 Mike Kelly, Dec 2, 2014
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 2, 2014
  3. Ben R

Ben R Active Member

Maybe perimeter is the wrong word... The not fill. Not rings around the print ... Just normal second layer. It was not particular to the model... But changing my infill seemed to fix it. I am not too savvy on the g code... But i'll look.

4. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Oh that's my bad, I misinterpreted what you were saying. Perimeters is the correct term, don't know why I was thinking skirt...

That's definitely strange. You could try doing a dry run with no filament to see if it repeats the (in) action or if the filament is causing a jam.

5. Ben R

Ben R Active Member

I did a dry run. It still stopped. Probably some slicing artifact.
    Strange. Printing the same thing twice with two different slices with the same settings can produce 2 different printing methods.

What is the skirt for anyway? I monitor it for extruder runout, but once it caused me a headache when i was using all my print space and the skirt caused it to run over the x dimension.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.