1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Still under extruding[emoji19]

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Trama, Mar 8, 2016.

1. Trama

Trama Member

So I just replaced the Hobbed bolt that had a nice notch worn in it from when I started using repieter and it randomly would just speed up the extruder in a middle of a print and grind filament (witch happened to be colorfab xt) I am still getting random under extrusion measurements. I keep going through the calibration steps that have you measure 120 mm and extrude 100. No matter what I change the e steps to it's always off 3-5 mm (I end up with 23-25mm exposed), and I have moved it at least 30 points. I initially had it calibrated at 755.43 on the estep and even at 789.97 it still under extrudes. I have done the atomic pull method to clean out the hotend and changed nozzles twice as well has pulled the whole assembly apart.

What else could I be missing and is there something else in the eeprom that I could have changed by mistake that would have caused this issue?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

EEPROM can be cleared with the following two commands

M502
    M500

The first (M502) will load the defaults from the firmware into RAM, the second (M500) will save those RAM settings into EEPROM. This is probably the cause of your issues of seeing no effective change.

3. Trama

Trama Member

Thanks for that advice. Still having trouble with extrusions, won't stay consistent

[​IMG]

I have a tech appointment with Robo, not sure what good it would do at this point though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk