1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unanswered taulman 910 underextruding at points

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Zen, Sep 22, 2015.

1. Zen

Zen Member

20150922_094532.jpg 20150922_094542.jpg Hey as title says I have a print with thin walls, and when I have a hole in the print the extruder never catches back up to the print speed resulting in holes in the part basically. A little hard to describe but that is the best I got. It was going along fine and then one print it started doing this and has ever sense. It is NOT the following

Slicer
    Nozzle
    Filament

Wondering if something is up with the retraction or some slipping is occurring.

RoboR1 with autolevel
    E3Dv6 hot end
    Simplify3d
    Printing at 247C

Have tried multiple temps as well as speeds without any variance in this specific problem.

Let me know ideas.

Thanks

2. Printed Solid

Printed Solid Volunteer Admin
    Staff Member

It could be retraction. It does seem like there is an issue when you hit the point in the print where retraction starts. Maybe try adjusting that first? How high is your retraction distance, are you using the coast setting, and are you using any prime?

3. Zen

Zen Member

Retraction is set at 4mm per Taulman. I am not using coast. Don't know of a setting for prime in simplify.

Will reduce retraction and try a print.

4. Printed Solid

Printed Solid Volunteer Admin
    Staff Member

oh yeah, that's probably too high for an E3D. Retraction requirements are a combination of material, hot end, and extruder type. Try going to something more like 1.5.

mark tomlinson likes this.
  5. Zen

Zen Member

damn it if that wasn't it. Try the simple stuff first I guess.
    Thanks a million

Printed Solid likes this.