1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Answered Terminal code error message

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by joea, Jan 11, 2021.

1. joea

joea Active Member

Running test prints after changing hot end, see this frequently in print log:

->N137 M105*3 [65.701]

<-Error:Line Number is not Last Line Number+1, Last Line: 136 [66.704]

<-Resend: 137 [66.704]

<-ok [66.704]

->N137 M105*3 [66.705]

What does it mean?

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Well it is not normally fatal but it means that the data sent from the computer (via the slicer/host program) to the printer is not quite right. There are details here:

https://community.octoprint.org/t/p...ast-line-number-1-last-line-23resend-24/10420

But essentially Marlin is griping about lines of serial text that got mangled. Or at least mangled as far as Marlin is concerned. It could be a CR/LF got dropped and two lines got munged together. Something like that... It is symptomatic of a bad serial port (on the PC or the Arduiino) or a bad USB cable. Those are the most common things I see causing it (and the USB cable is the most common).

3. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

I don't know if the host programs will try to resubmit (none that I know do, but I can't speak for all of them) however that post I linked to shows a way to have octoPi do a resend via an added python script :)