1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

THE FIRST PRINT FROM THE SD CARD FROM THE VIKI

Discussion in 'Mods and Upgrades' started by tesseract, Jul 4, 2013.

1. tesseract

tesseract Moderator
    Staff Member

Well thanks mostly to CAMBO3D who talked me through the complete wiring up and the uploading of the firmware to the VIKI controller. I was able to make the first standalone ROBO print from the VIKI.

That's right no USB used Repetier and Slic3r to create the Gcode put it on my SD card moved the SD card to VIKI and printed it. Still having some slight issues so it is not a magnificent item nothing more than a 15mm cube but it worked.

In the next few days I will be uploading to process to connect your VIKI up as well so you too can print in the standalone format.

This configuration is using the Marlin firmware configuration in conjunction with the specifics of the ROBO printer. There are alternate firmwares that can be used but this post will be in regard to Marlin which is a common firmware platform

Again Cambo3d deserves the real credit for this I was simply the benefactor of his patience and hard work, and now we all can be.

2013-07-04 00.54.58.jpg

4 people like this.
  2. tesseract

tesseract Moderator
    Staff Member

I will post the instructions very soon

3. fabrice

fabrice New Member

Hello, I'm français.J 'got my viki lcd.J' looks forward 3d.Des robot that you can provide instructions to viki.

Cordially