1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

there has to be a "best" overall setting

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by stealthmatt, Jan 17, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. stealthmatt

stealthmatt New Member

We all have the same pritners, and if your using the same type of fillament from robo3d, there has to be settings that are pretty good...

What are peoples settings, for infill, and support material and what size layers?

2. Racegrafix

Racegrafix Active Member

Standard setting worked fine for me. They are all different though. Difference in filament from batch to batch, room temp, humidity, etc. Stock settings and i was able to make perfect prints. Its all in level bed and nozzle height.

3. AutopsyTurvy

AutopsyTurvy Active Member

http://forums.robo3dprinter.com/index.php?threads/settings-thread.1529/ <-- I created a thread for settings, but... there are not "best" overall settings... It just doesn't work like that.

Settings must be adjusted somewhat based on type of item, its orientation on the print bed, what its purpose is, and what you're aiming for. I even use different slicing programs for different types of items (Cura works better for me for large stuff, especially those containing horizontal flat parts and where minimal or very simple support is needed, Slic3r is far better for fine detail on small parts but tends to either add too much or not enough support).

The best thing to do, IMO, is to take someone's particular settings (like mine given there, or the default settings) as a starting point. I'll try to share some alternate settings and the ones I use for Cura as well, for different purposes, and give some examples of where I use which set of settings, within the next few days. :)

2 people like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.