1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Thermistor Error While Updating Firmware

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Kanwar, May 22, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kanwar

Kanwar New Member

I am trying to install the E3D nozzle, and wired it up.
    I tried to set the temperature to 290 degrees and it stops at 230 like it should (temp reading fine).
    Updated the firmware using Arduino, I went into Marlin.ino and changed the max temp in the configuration code to 330, verified and uploaded (successfully).
    When I went to repetier host mac I get the M999 error, and a temperature reading of 0.5 degrees celsius.

A multimeter shows a resistance of 92.8 kOhm.

Did i somehow destroy the thermistor? I didn't make any hardware changes inbetween the thermistor working and not, only changing the firmware.

Any help is greatly apprieciated. Thank you

2. Kanwar

Kanwar New Member

Our original thermistor was showing a resistance of 101.3 kohm so we swapped out the thermistor and did some rewiring and tried to again. We have the same issue, a very low temp reading, we think its a firmware issue.

3. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

Reading of 0 means you're getting an open circuit. Check your plug for any breaks.

4. Kanwar

Kanwar New Member

We reinstalled the original Marlin LCD firmware and the thermistor works fine.
    Now the only issue is when we heat it up to 290 to tighten it (last step of the nozzle installation) we see some smoke but we don't think any wires are burning.

5. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

That's probably just oils burning off. Should be fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.