1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Solved Totally new! Hello!

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Geof, Nov 9, 2015.

1. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

hello all. I just got my robo+ Friday. I'm trying to learn on the fly and see how I do! Any tips would be great(be nice I'm totally new and ignorant :-D )! I'm using mattercontrol(matter slice) extruded temp 210, bed at 65. My printer has shut down twice? I don't wonder far away while printing so both times I have cancelled print disconnected powered off the robo then powered back on. After the power on everything seems fine, I reconnect and print again? Anyone else had this issue? Is it common or do I have a problem?
    Thanks!
    Geof

2. Printed Solid

Printed Solid Volunteer Admin
    Staff Member

Welcome! Can you elaborate on what you mean by shutting down?
    Is it turning off entirely? Light, fans, etc? Or are you just coming in and finding that the nozzle is not moving.
    The latter could be a range of issues that we can help you with, but the former should never be happening unless there is a problem with wiring or power supply.

3. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

It's kind of a wierd shut down. The lights shut off on the printer the printing, extruding movement all stop, I believe I hear a fan still running but I don't believe it's the one on the extruded assembly. As far as my laptop it stays on and Matterslice shows it's still printing

4. Printed Solid

Staff Member

The lights kicking off to me indicates that there may be an issue. I'd advise opening a support ticket.

5. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Post in the support forum or place a call with robo 3D? And thank you very much for your assistance

6. Printed Solid

Staff Member

The forum is all unofficial. I think you might have a warranty issue. So, you'll need to contact the company.
    Info here: http://robo3d.com/contact-us/

7. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Thank you very much ! I'll get it taken care of! Much appreciated !

8. Geof

Geof Volunteer Moderator
    Staff Member

Talked with robo today. Appears to be a failed fan on the board. new one on the way tomorrow!