1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

trade for CNC lathe & mill work

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by systemslave, Jan 25, 2015.

1. systemslave

systemslave New Member

I have a CNC mill and lathe. I am looking for a friend with a good 3D printer to trade work with. I would rather find a friend to share skills with than buy a 3D printer right now. Who needs stuff made of metal? Let me know.

2. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

I have some things I want done in aluminum...

3. systemslave

systemslave New Member

Well perhaps we can be friends. I have a modified Sherline CNC mill and lathe. That means I can make small parts, not car engines. This is a hobby for me. I like to work in aluminum. I can be reached by email at young@last1.com. What sizes and materials can you print? What is your level of expertise? What do you want in aluminum?

4. k1e1v1i1n

k1e1v1i1n Active Member

Where are you located?

5. systemslave

systemslave New Member

6. k1e1v1i1n

k1e1v1i1n Active Member

Sweet only 3600 miles from me in a different country :)

7. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

I have access to a stock Replicator 2x, a modified Replicator 2 (heated bed, all aluminum parts), and a heavily modified Robo3d. You can view the modifications done here: http://forums.robo3dprinter.com/index.php?threads/mike-kellys-printer.1681/ Including dual bowden extruders w/ E3D's cyclops, aluminum middle plate, shell reinforcement, solenoid actuated auto-leveling, lead screws, etc. It's printing at or better quality than my 2x.

I primarily print in ABS. But I also have PLA, _XT clear, Bendlay, Nylon Bridge/618/645, then I have some samples of XT colors and ABS/PC blend from protopasta. I think I have some T-glase as well.

Not sure how large you're looking for, but my Robo has a 228x254x235 volume along with the 2x's stock volume, etc.

Right now I'm mostly just looking for a few printer upgrade parts. Some stuff for my Rep1 and Robo primarily. Nothing too large

Skypes the best way to get ahold of me, but we can also communicate through email if that works for you.

8. systemslave

systemslave New Member

Email works best for me.

9. Ziggy

Ziggy Moderator
    Staff Member

A glimpse of the future here. Trading 3d parts of different technologies worldwide - very :cool: