1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Ugly Layer Issues, Help!

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by TheTechWalrus, Apr 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sorensen

Sorensen New Member

I have not yet checked bolts and belt on drive part, cause I dont want disassemble now (it will be my first checkif I'll disassemble)

I tested this issue :

http://forums.robo3dprinter.com/ind...ter-some-pics-nsfw-ish.1038/page-2#post-10864

Result layers are kinda better, but we can still see continus z-artefact in layers height (similar to the z threaded rod frequency) . Tomorrow I'll check in robo3d slow speed (last step before disassemble and check the drive part)

Important think for me, that layer quality are not the goal (at first time) cause I'll use robo3d only to build small prototype and I need only correct dimension (in millimetre) and not a very nice surface quality (but it will be kinda annoying and not professional)

2. Sorensen

Sorensen New Member

I found an ugly issue in the assembled drive part. The low speed motion dont correct the problem. Finaly I disassemble the drive part, bolts and gear are correctly tighten, but, I found an ugly problem witht one 12" Slider (one is ugly deformed and the slider got litle x - z - move during sliding on the deformation)

At this step, I cant correct the slide manualy and I think need a new one. Waht I need to do now with my robo3d ?

3. Sorensen

Sorensen New Member

4. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

5. Peter Krska

Peter Krska Active Member

What would cause that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

6. TheTechWalrus

TheTechWalrus New Member

So after a lot of annoying print bed quirks I think I've gotten the thing working.... although I may have accidentally stripped a screw in the process of tightening :/ (so far it hasn't been a problem). Sadly, another problem has come into the spotlight that I've also been getting for a while, which would be a series of minuscule holes around the entire print. Pretty sure this is a common issue, but I just wanted to know what I could do to solve it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.