1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Uncleaned dragon head

Discussion in 'Projects' started by Mikethinks, Aug 2, 2014.

1. Mikethinks

Mikethinks Active Member

Just pulled off the supports, g-code from craftware .1mm

Dragon-1.jpg

5 people like this.
  2. Peter Krska

Peter Krska Active Member

Nice. So this was printed from Craftware?

Can you export the file from Craftware with the supports?
    I wasn't able to export with the supports. The supports disappear when choosing the home screen. Hmm, weird.

3. Mikethinks

Mikethinks Active Member

Not sure what you mean choosing the home screen.

• I load the STL file, and make any size/placement adjustments
    • Click the supports button on the right. ALWAYS click the "clear all supports" button 1st because the program keeps the supports from the last model. Then adjust the support parameters and auto generate or place your own.
    • Click the slice button on the right and make your adjustments there, when done click slice in the lower right of the popup and it will take you to a page showing the slices in 3d
    • Now just click the save button, again on the right
    Not sure if you are getting misled by the save button on the home screen. That just saves the project, it does not export the G-code

4. Peter Krska

Peter Krska Active Member

Home screen = main screen. If you load the program up, the screen you see is the main or home screen.

Have you printed from within Craftware and was it successful? Did you also try printing with support and how did that turn out?

The reason I am asking is you stated that you pulled the Gcode from Craftware. You did not state that you printed from it.

5. Mikethinks

Mikethinks Active Member

I export the gcode from craftware and load it into MatterControl. Just be sure to copy the start and end scripts into craftware and replace [temperature] with the actual printing temp in the start code.