1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unsettling noises coming from my gf

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by OutsourcedGuru, Jun 16, 2017.

1. OutsourcedGuru

OutsourcedGuru Active Member

I'm pretty sure this is new since buying the Robo C2 printer. My girlfriend usually is pretty content but lately when I look like I might want to jump into Autodesk or Octoprint, she starts making noises which could mean that I need to replace something.

* I tried giving her chocolate, which usually works in a situation like this
    * I tried pretending that I was reading an eBook instead (the noises subsided for a bit)
    * I printed her a 3D gear heart thing but the noises returned the next day

The volume seems to increase, the more focused on any particular task. The noises also occur at any mention of Fry's Electronics so it could be getting worse, not sure. Moving the printer from the kitchen table to an obscure high shelf lowered the volume somewhat. I checked the calendar and it's not close to her birthday, Valentine's Day or any anniversaries that I'm aware of.

A Google -> images search for "girlfriend lead screw upgrade" turned up nothing useful.

mark tomlinson likes this.
  2. daniel871

daniel871 Well-Known Member

Here's a tip:

[​IMG]

3. OutsourcedGuru

4. OutsourcedGuru

@daniel871 Sound advice. I took matters into my own hands, so to speak, and it seems to be working for the moment.