1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Update October 15th

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Coby Robo 3D, Oct 15, 2013.

1. Coby Robo 3D

Coby Robo 3D Administrator
    Staff Member

Hey everyone,
    Just wanted to give you a short update about the 2nd batch of 500 printers in production overseas. Our manufacturer sent us some updated pics and we wanted to share them with you. These are some of the sub-assemblies and they should be finished with them shortly, and on a boat to us.
    Other than that, the QC process is going very well here on the 1st batch of 500 and these RoBo 3D Printers are flying out of our warehouse daily!
    Also, don't forget to buy some filament if you haven't already. We offer PLA and ABS in our store for a really good price!
    http://www.robo3dprinter.com/collections/filament
    RoBo 3D Team
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

4 people like this.
  2. Deadwood

Deadwood Active Member

I thought the second batch was being shipped directly from china to the buyers ?

3 people like this.
  3. caj380

caj380 New Member

Sounds like you're moving along. I have a question. I ordered my printer at the end of may on the website could someone help me figure out when it might ship, all I can find is info for kickstarter orders.

All help is appreciated,
    caj380

4. David Mortlock

David Mortlock Active Member

The latest we are hearing is that they should all be shipped before christmas.

There was a guy on here earlier, sorry forgot his name, who has just ordered and been told it would be there before christmas.

5. caj380

caj380 New Member

Thank you. That is very helpful.

Thanks for responding so quick,
    caj380

6. ScottV

ScottV New Member

I know you guys are hard at work on the first batch sent in from China to get them to all of us but seeing these pictures of all the printers in china I have a question. Now that you should be through a good bit of the QC work on the batch from China, what is the failure rate? And what types of common and uncommon problems are you seeing? I only ask because I've had to deal with Chinese work before and it can be good but often isn't nearly what it should be unless great measures are taken. Knowing what problems are seen and fixed before the leave your shelves can help us to go over our printers and fix what needs fixing or just plain catch a problem before it is a real problem.

Regards,
    ScottV

7. Soupaboy

Soupaboy Active Member

yay someone is finally talking about me ;). howdy

8. David Mortlock

Sorry Soupaboy, I should have checked and credited you by name for the info.

9. Soupaboy

Soupaboy Active Member

dude, don't worry about it. you were trying to get a useful answer out quickly. I don't mind :).

10. David Mortlock

11. cosber

cosber Active Member

As a San Diegan, yesterday I had the pleasure of picking up my printer directly from the warehouse/factory/closet. Mike and the boys were feverishly going at it in less than desirable conditions. It is a small building with a high ceiling and every nook and cranny was packed with printers stacked to the very top, and about a dozen more outside, either waiting for shipment, or stacked temporarily so they could get in and out of the office. It looked like my refrigerator after Thanksgiving. I purchased some filament and Mike had to move a bunch of packing materials just to get at it.
    Mike was great-gave me a tour of the place and I got to see first-hand the growing pains of a startup. Made me feel bad for ever complaining. They're doing a great job and though I guess it's easy for me to talk since I finally have my printer, for those of you who are frustrated of the wait, hang in there a little longer. They're coming soon! I'm just bummed I'm leaving for Philadelphia Thursday and have to wait two weeks before I can fire it up and make me a Yoda head!

3 people like this.
  12. Seshan

Seshan Active Member

They might able to get them out By December if the third batch ships from China, it seems like the second batch will be shipping from the USA. If they average 25 Printers shipped a day they will be out in 18 days, I don't think the second batch will be in the USA in 18 days so there will be another lull in shipping.

13. Deadwood

Deadwood Active Member

I JUST WANT MY PRINTER :(

14. Deadwood

Deadwood Active Member

sorry for shouting

15. David Mortlock

I want to shout as well.

3 people like this.
  16. Soupaboy

Soupaboy Active Member

we all want to but just think, there is a printer out there with your name on it. just waiting for you to use. :) -i dont think it helped like i think i should have but im posting it :) ;)

17. bringjustn

bringjustn Member

[​IMG]

I just felt like an Anchorman quote fit so well here

I can't wait to get my printer.... say's the guy with one printer he doesn't use right now :(

18. Soupaboy

Soupaboy Active Member

why don't you use a printer? what one is it?

19. bringjustn

bringjustn Member

Lazyness mostly, I have a Prusa that needs the bed leveled and Z axis endstop adjusted. I haven't had time really to get it up and running since I have way to many hobbies right now.

20. Soupaboy

Soupaboy Active Member

fair emough