1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Partial Answer Upgrade to v.2 firmware? How to get FULL graphics smart lcd screen to work etc..

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Will . I . Am, Feb 7, 2017.

1. Will . I . Am

Will . I . Am Member

So earlier in the new year I bought a full graphics lcd display for my Robo 3d R1+ (bought in december) and I tried downloading the firmware but could not edit it to the original firmware due to could not find the proper firmware for my printer on the robo site as they had v.2 not mine (MatterControl 1.5 & Robo V1) I don't like upgrading to new firmware unless I absolutely necessarly have too as I'm actually almost close to getting great prints now on my current build and firmware after 4-5 failed/config prints. Will upgrading make it easier to unlock the lcd screen in the config H screen? Also will I have to flash the lcd screen to work correctly with my printer? Appreciate any helpful insight and tips/tricks in advance!

FYI below is the lcd controller purchased.

***FULL graphic lcd smart controller***

OSOYOO 12864 LCD Graphic Smart Display Controller module with connector adapter & cable for RepRap RAMPS 1.4 3D Printer kit Arduino Mega 2560 R3 Shield

https://www.amazon.com/OSOYOO-Graph...8&qid=1486535201&sr=1-2&keywords=reprap+smart

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

http://community.robo3d.com/index.php?threads/full-graphics-lcd-controller-blank-screen.8061/

You must edit the firmware in order for that LCD to function. In addition to the firmware source code you also need to get the library mentioned in that thread (UG8) and include that with the Arduino compiler.

If you did not want to edit the firmware then the RepRap DISCOUNT LCD was the appropriate choice :) Not the full graphic one.

It will work fine once you get the firmware redone.