1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unresolved Various Matter Control Failures: Unhandled Exceptions &

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by BillP, Sep 1, 2016.

1. BillP

BillP New Member

Ordered New Robo3D R1+ 8/26 and delivered On 8/ 27/2016
    I think the firmware said V2
    Windows 7, MatterControl 1.5. Using medium with defaults. Printer is on Com5
    Open TK Graphics Graphics ContextException. Failed to make context 196608 Current Error 0
    Occurred 3 times, crashes the printer, reboot Win7 to clear and attempt restart. Lost 6-8 hours.

When running direct USB from Simplify3D and watching the terminal window the RoBo is getting a LOT of error retries.
    SENT:M105
    READ: ok
    SENT: G1 + A LONG STRING
    WARNING: Firmware unresponsive.
    The above strings repeat at random until the printer finally stops dead.

MatterControl is almost worthless, loaded CURA slicer, figured out how to create g-code and loaded an SD and then used Simplify3D over USB to run the printer and tell it to print from SD. So far so good, 5 hours into the 9 hour job.

Print jobs 1-2 hours long seem fine so what do I do ?????

#1 BillP, Sep 1, 2016
    Last edited: Sep 1, 2016
  2. danzca6

danzca6 Well-Known Member

First off, if you have s3d, ditch matter control. Cura is OK, but no match to s3d in the long run.

I'm wondering if the usb cable is bad. Try another port on your machine or a different cable if you have one. Also, is the fan to cool the controller board running?

3. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

>WARNING: Firmware unresponsive.<

BAD USB connection
    Usually a bad cable, but in rare cases something more drastic.
    Try a new cable OR print from the SD card (you can start this from Simplify3D) and then monitor it with the USB connection only.