1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

"Vend" Candy Machine Print On R1

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by wesley01999, Jun 23, 2015.

1. wesley01999

wesley01999 New Member

I saw those awesome candy machines in the Robo 3D gallery, I looked it up on thingiverse and found it. (http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:45347) My problem is there are no instructions for printing, does anyone know good settings, orientations, etc. to make this successfully print? I'm reluctant to experiment due to the large amount of filament required to print it. I'm relatively new to 3d printing and I'm still learning all of the settings. Also, would you recommend that I slice this with MatterControl or Cura? I'm trying to decide which is better.

Thanks!

2. jbigler1986

jbigler1986 Active Member

Yeah I printed it. You can print the whole thing without any support. I added full support to the body. It is the biggest part and barely fits on the bed. It does fit though. With full support on the body it took 67 hours to print. You can go with no support and get it down to like 40 hours. None of the parts are very challenging. Just a big project. Also I would use Cura. Mattercontrol is not a good slicer.

3. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Regardless of the comparison, MC is always worse.

4. wesley01999

wesley01999 New Member

Alright Thanks! :)

5. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Make sure your smaller prints are working well before committing a really big one.
    This one has the advantage of being many smaller parts which works better.