1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Partially Solved Weird sounds

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Marcos Zuccaro, Apr 8, 2017.

1. Marcos Zuccaro

Marcos Zuccaro New Member

I have a robo 3d r1+ with a year old. It started making an static sound like shown in the vid. Plus the weird sound that sounds like a fan when its powered up.
    For the second one i got acces to the bottom and tried cleaning the small fan from dust and fluff. The first time i started the machine made no noise.... next day came back. Plus it started making the sound of the video from time to time while printinh. Its random so im not sure why ? Thanks for any advice!

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Replace the fan :)

12vdc fan, measure it (for size) and you can probably find one on Amazon cheap.

The other noises in that video all sound normal.

3. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

The noise you are hearing in the video is a rapid application for a narrow band of infill which makes the stepper zip back and forth quite rapidly and that makes... noise :)

4. Marcos Zuccaro

Marcos Zuccaro New Member

Thanks man! That was a really quick answer! I will replace the fan and check out if thats the problem. I saw a couple of mods that change the regular fan for a bigger one but idk if its thats the fan.

5. mark tomlinson

Staff Member

The only things special about that fan are the voltage and the physical size. And if you make the hole larger you could use a larger fan :)

Other than the size it is a standard 12v DC muffin fan.