1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unresolved Whats the point of the End Stop Switch

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by John Durr, Jan 18, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. John Durr

John Durr Member

I have had the Z End Stop Switch drop so much hat the wires wrap around the threaded screw.

So here are my questions?

What the F is the point of the switch?

Is there something wrong with the firmware where it does not tell the printer to stop?

Could the switch be wired directly to the stepper motor so that when the switch is released it cuts power to the motor in the down direction?

2. Mike Kelly

Mike Kelly Volunteer

The z end stop switches tell the control board that the home point has been reached during the homing procedure. They aren't active at other times.

If you told your printer to go negative it won't care abput any switch or sensor. You'd need to tell matter hackers to remove that ability as other software prevents you from going negative.

Also please post all troubleshooting and or questions in the troubleshooting forum. I moved it for you

3. insomniac_lemon

If your limit switches are popping out, you may need to unscrew the screw on the side and move it down on the nut so it is flush, like this:

[​IMG]

I have a new-ish printer (had it since around 21 August 2014) and I had to do this. Moving them down on the nut means that the gantry won't hop out during the autolevel procedure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.