1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unanswered where is matter control ino. file?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Charles Coburn, Mar 27, 2015.

1. Charles Coburn

Charles Coburn New Member

I have been reading the forums about adding a reprap discount smart controller. I need to find the Marlin.ino file to change the sd card settings. I have found a host of matter control files but cannot locate the one I need to change. My R1 was recently delivered and is working great but where they put the micro sd slot is very hard to use so I want to add the LCD.

2. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

That is the firmware project file.
    Except (unless they changed it recently) that is not the correct project file.
    The correct one would be the one named the same as the firmware version:

Auto_Level_6_10.ino

for example. You may not need to modify the firmware, try connecting the LCD first. I added the RepRap Discount LCD and had to modify nothing.

Firmware is located over here with instructions:

http://help.robo3dprinter.com/Wiki/RoBo_3D_Firmware

make sure you get the correct one for your printer.

3. Charles Coburn

Thanks Mark,
    I found this in the configuration.h file.

// The RepRapDiscount Smart Controller (white PCB) // http://reprap.org/wiki/RepRapDiscount_Smart_Controller
    #define REPRAP_DISCOUNT_SMART_CONTROLLER //robo

I got to read up on what to do next unless you can tell me quickly.
    I have already hooked up the LCD to the printer and every thing worked except the SD card was not recognized.

4. mark tomlinson

mark tomlinson ༼ つ ◕_ ◕ ༽つ
    Staff Member

Did you try putting a GCode file on the SD card, loading it in the sd card slot and then launching a print from it?

The PC will not 'see' the Robo SD card in that it will not be able to mount it. Only the Arduino can load directly from it.

I just keep a small SD card read/writer attached to the PC and move the card physically from the PC to the printer. Then launch the print from the GCode on the SD card.

5. Charles Coburn

Thank you very much.
    It dose work after i fiddled around and rebooted a couple of times it finally recognized the sd card was in the slot and now i'm able to print from the card.