1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Where to get LCD Mod 2024

Discussion in 'Mods and Upgrades' started by PrintedScript, Mar 22, 2024.

1. PrintedScript

PrintedScript New Member

Heyo! I've had this printer since around when covid hit, but haven't started using it avidly until now.
    I've gotten it well calibrated and it runs amazingly, but there are a few drawbacks for me. One of those downsides is not having an lcd controller.

I know that there were a number of LCD mods such as the full display or XXL LCD mod, but I've been unable to find find the required mods anywhere. Does anyone here know where can I find a decent LCD mod for the Robo R1+?

Thanks in advance!

Also, are there any other mods I should consider? I'm planning on doing the double fan duct mod, and the filament oiler, and I already did the taller feet and a better filament holder.

2. fred3d

fred3d Member

When you have the bottom cover off the printer, disengage the connector on the main board that leads to the heated bed. The current draw from that heated bed may exceed the ratings for the connector. You'll see blackened pins or worse if it's beginning to fail. I've worked on three of these problems and it's an easy fix to desolder the mainboard connector, and it's far better to catch it before it fails.

PrintedScript likes this.
  3. PrintedScript

PrintedScript New Member

Thanks! Will do. Need to replace a fan down there anyway. Any clue on where to find a compatible LCD mod?