1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Where to Get Robo Blue PLA?

Discussion in 'Printing Filament' started by TTaylor07, Nov 5, 2014.

1. TTaylor07

TTaylor07 New Member

I have had very good success with the Starter Robo Blue that came with my printer, this is non-translucent. We have used that up and have started using the Robo 3D PLA Translucent Blue that was purchased with the machine and the results are not nearly as good as the Stater Material. Anyone know where to purchase more of the basic non-translucent starter material?

2. Technidyne

Technidyne Active Member

I totally agree with you. I really liked the PLA that came with the machine and wanted to establish that as our standard material. I ordered a full roll from RoBo3D only to receive the translucent stuff like you did and although I do print with it, it's nowhere as good as the demo blue PLA.

2 people like this.
  3. TTaylor07

TTaylor07 New Member

I have ordered a kilo from Supplies Outlet, will see if it works similar to the Demo Roll from Robo3D.

The Demo roll appears to lay down better as a ribbon rather than a cylinder and it adheres to the glass plate better. Also it seems to be less brittle than the translucent PLA.

Got this reply today from Robo3D:

"Tiffany Team Robo 3D replied:

Dear Tim,

Unfortunately, we don’t have the sample PLA available for sale. Usually customers experience quite the opposite results. You can shop around there are plenty of PLA suppliers out there such as Winbo filament.

Kind Regards,

Tiffany"