1. Got a question or need help troubleshooting? Post to the troubleshooting forum or Search the forums!

Unanswered Why is the layer print speed so low?

Discussion in 'Troubleshooting' started by Fzzz, Feb 12, 2016.

1. Fzzz

Fzzz New Member

I recently was trying to fix a z-axis calibration problem. Now that i solved that, I've noticed that although my layer speeds are set to around 60mm/s each, when i generate the layer view it shows that most of the layers will be printing at around 25mm/s. Help?

Attached Files:

2. Fzzz

Fzzz New Member

This is appears to only happen to some prints, because i decided to upload a spool holder and most of the layers appear to be at 60mm/s

3. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

60 mm/s is straight line speed after acceleration and before deceleration. Since no printer can accelerate or decelerate instantly you rarely get to 60 mm/s on complex models. Every direction change, no matter how slight requires deceleration in the first direction followed by acceleration in the new direction.

4. Fzzz

Fzzz New Member

I assumed that it was due to the circular pattern. Although i'm surprised that it slowed down that much for most of the print.

5. WheresWaldo

WheresWaldo Volunteer ( ͠° ͟ʖ ͡°)
    Staff Member

Since ARC is not implemented in Marlin there is no such thing as a circle, they are all polygons with straight sides.